From an “Ice cream for Breakfast” Blood Drive to a cleanup of the Saw Mill River, Shaarei Tikvah embraces social action throughout the year. Regular activities include:
- Cooking Days in our kitchen to make lasagna, cookies, salad and more for a Westchester soup kitchen. (no cooking experience required and kids are welcome). See Home Page for upcoming Cooking Days.
- Participation in the United Interfaith Food Bank, a consortium of five houses of worship that collect, pack and deliver 200 shopping bags of non-perishable items each month for Bronx pantries. We hold a special High Holiday food drive each year. (Food items gratefully accepted in synagogue lobby).
- Purim Shalach Manot – packing and delivering healthy goody bags for isolated seniors in the Bronx.
- Back-to school supply and fall holiday gift drives.
- B’nai Mitzvah class mitzvah projects.
Each year we do new projects, so please check our calendar regularly!